The over ground speed of the boat as measured by the GPS receiver is provided with several speed resolutions (High / Medium / Low). The maximum instant and average speed are accessible in a dedicated screen.
The easiest count-down timer
Press the timer button to get the 5 minutes sequence started. Press it again, and it will re-synchronize to 4 minutes or 1 minute.
The NS Start over ground digital compass delivers a reliable heading information measured by the GPS transducer, with a resolution of 1 degree.
Hundred of hours of sailing data can be recorded and transferred wirelessly to your computer for post-races analysis.
Distance to the start line
The NS Start start line distance function provides you the vital information to pinpoint exactly where you are relative to the line.
A sign +/- indicates clearly which side of the line you are.
Unique bow offset gives the exact distance from your bow to the line.
Ends can be 'pinged' whilst traveling in any direction.
Boat/pin end buttons: dedicated buttons make storing the start line easy and intuitive.
The embedded firmware of the NS-START is upgradable thanks to the USB dongle: new features and firmware upgrades are available in our download area.
- The body Inspired by the 40 meters waterproof digital camera dive casing, the design of the body is made around a thick rubber ring, sealed with 14 stainless steel screws. Made to survive the thoughest conditions and wipeouts.
- The battery Protected by another thick rubber ring around the tab, the battery compartment is totally independent from the main body.
- Big screen in a small body With 24mm high digits and a wide angle LCD screen, numbers can be read effortlessly by everyone on board.
- Speed resolution: 0.1 knots
- Minimum speed: 0.5 knots
- Heading resolution: 1º
- Display: 24 mm digit height, 120º view angle, backlight for night sailings
- Dimensions: 125 mm x 80 mm x 26 mm
- Fully waterproof: 3 meters
- Weight including battery: 260 grams
- 1 AA battery: 30 hours