The ProStart, is specifically designed, from the ground up, to give you the easiest, most accurate distance to line measurements ever. Setting the line is as simple as telling your crew to press the boat button as you sail by the RC and then the pin button as you sail by the pin.
Once you’ve pinged both ends of the line, the ProStart uses the latest WAAS-augmented GPS technology to spit out an accurate distance to line measurement twice a second. Sailing World called the ProStart "Possibly the greatest electronic racing gadget of this decade,” and Practical Sailor gave it their prestigious Editor's Choice award.
To see the ProStart in action please click here
- Speed Accuracy: ±0.2 Knots
- Heading Resolution: 1°
- Display Update Rate: 2Hz (twice a second)
- Water Resistance: 3m / 10 ft (IPX8)
- Display: 30mm / 1.18” digit height 120° viewing cone
- Data Logger: Lat, Long, Time, Speed, and Heading recorded every 2 seconds, 30hr capacity. Data download is compatible with Mac OS X and Windows
- Batteries: 3 x AA, 20+ hr endurance, rechargeable or disposable
- Dimensions: 120mm x 175mm x 40mm / 4.72” x 6.89” x 1.57”
- Weight Including Batteries: 448g / 0.99lb
- Bracket Compatibility: Velocitek ProStart Mast Bracket or any Tacktick Micro Compass bracket.