The Prism is a stripped down racing compass.
Class legal anywhere an electronic compass is legal, the Prism provides superior accuracy, and a massive display all in an ultralight, compact package.
At a mere 137 g (4.8 oz) it is the world's lightest racing compass.
The Prism’s sunlight-readable, high-contrast LCD screen features 29.8mm (1.1”) tall digits in a font that’s optimised for readability. This means that if your boat’s under 40ft long you’ll be able to mount the Prism on your mast and read it easily from anywhere in the cockpit, even if you don’t have perfect vision.
ULTRA-WIDE VIEWING ANGLE
With 250° of visibility the Prism’s LCD's can be easily read from the helm to the trapeze wire.
FLEXIBLE & SECURE MOUNTING
The Prism mounts to your boat via the slide-in cradle. The Prism Cradle can be mounted to a wide array of brackets, directly to a mast using the centreline holes and the Mast Bracket Hardware Kit, or directly to a bulkhead. We even included recesses in the cradle in case you need to lash your compass in place.
- 3-AXIS SOLID STATE COMPASS
- The Prism uses a high precision 3-axis solid state magnetometer designed for aerospace applications to provide superior accuracy and responsiveness.
- SOLAR POWERED
- The Prism is battery powered with solar charging.
- The Prism is designed to withstand continuous immersion at 3m (9 ft). Every single unit that comes off the assembly line is pressure-tested before it ships.
- What's Included:
- Velocitek Prism
- Mounting cradle
- Quick Start Guide
- EVA storage case
- Weight - 4.8oz / 137 g
- Height - 2.2” / 55mm
- Width - 4.6” / 118mm
- Depth - 2.6” / 67mm
- CLASS LEGAL
- The Prism uses only magnetic input as its heading reference, has no memory, no user inputs, and performs no arithmetic functions. It's legal in all classes that allow electronic compasses.
- Heading Repeatability: ±0.5°
- Viewing Angles:250° of visibility the Prism’s LCD's can be easily read from the helm to the trapeze wire
- Display Update Rate: 4Hz (four times a second)
- Water Resistance: Complete immersion for 30 min. at 3m / 10ft (IPX8)
- Display: 29.8mm / 1.1” digit height 250° viewing cone
- Battery: 600mA
- Warranty: Two years