If you race sailboats, the benefits of an accurate speedometer are probably already fairly obvious to you. Even still, you might not sail with a speedo because you can’t be bothered to drill holes in your hull and wire-up a paddlewheel transducer. Or maybe you already have a through-hull speedo but you’re sick of the transducer getting fouled and you’re never quite sure if the instrument is properly calibrated.
The award winning Speed Puck is completely self contained and can be installed in seconds, without tools. Instead of using a paddlewheel, the Speed Puck calculates your speed by measuring the Doppler shift in GPS signals to provide you with an updated reading twice a second. The Speed Puck never needs to be calibrated and maintains uniform accuracy at all speeds.
- Speed Accuracy: ±0.2 Knots
- Heading Resolution: 1°
- Display Update Rate: 2Hz (twice a second)
- Water Resistance: 3m / 10 ft (IPX8)
- Display: 27mm / 1.06” digit height 120 degree viewing cone
- Data Logger: Lat, Long, Time, Speed, and Heading recorded every 2 seconds, 20hr capacity. Data download is compatible with Mac OS X and Windows. Data download requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.6.
- Batteries: 3 x AA, 20+ hour endurance, rechargeable or disposable
- Dimensions: 115mm / 4.5" diameter, 27mm / 1.06" thick.
- Weight Including Batteries: 295g / 0.65lb